Job Title: (Adult Volunteers) Food Donation Packers for Christmas Season 2013
Purpose: Pack food donations in designated cardboard boxes to be stored in inventory at the Kanata Food Cupboard Warehouse. During the Christmas season, Packers are required to help at the Warehouse during weekday evenings to support groups (e.g. Sparks, Brownies, hockey teams, business teams, etc.) who will be coming in to sort food donations. Along with other volunteers, the Packers represent the Kanata Food Cupboard, and ensure that the food donations are packed in a timely manner in order to meet client needs.
Location: The Kanata Food Cupboard Warehouse, 2 The Parkway, Kanata, Ontario, K2K 1P4
- Carefully pack food donations in designated cardboard boxes in a timely manner, and label boxes with magic marker as to what item is inside
- Adhere to the Kanata Food Cupboard Expiry Date Policy
- Lift and carry boxes of food off of the packing tables to the inventory space
- Sign the Volunteer Log-in Book
- Ability to do some heavy lifting
Reports To: Kanata Food Cupboard Volunteer Coordinator
Time Commitment: One to three weekday evenings for approximately 1.5 hours (i.e. 6:30p.m. – 8:00p.m.) from November 1, 2013, to January 10, 2014
Qualifications: Pleasant manner, patience, dependability, ability to work with others, and a sense of humour!
Support: Training would take place on Wednesdays from 9:00a.m. to approximately 10:30a.m. by current Packers.
Dress Code: Casual, seasonal, firm-grip shoes (e.g. running shoes) are recommended for safety reasons
How To Apply: Email the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com